Wednesday, September 1, 2010

365 Days of Blessings Days 94 and 95

365 Days of Blessings, Days 94 and 95
You may be asking, where have all the blessings been the last few days? Or maybe not.
I came home from chaperoning a MS youth road trip, and yesterday I never wrote down my blessings . . . and today, I'm late. Guess what?
Without counting my blessings in the morning I became . . . grumpy, quick to find fault with myself, and saw only the bad stuff in the newspaper.

So, I had the negative example to remind me that I need to get back to the positive.

Here are some of my many blessings from the last two days, and you might notice, I've gone back to the basics:

1. God is awesome!

2. "There is no charge for awesomeness!" Po in Kung Fu Panda.

3. John 3:16

4. "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift . . . that's why they call it the present." Uguay the turtle in Kung Fu Panda

5. Psalm 118:24

6. Blackberries ripe on the vine, fresh for eating in the moment or maybe later. Who knows, maybe a few will make blackberry jam?

7. Our apples from our golden delicious tree are on the ground, and no longer edible . . .the deer have moved on to one of our neighbor's orchards . . . but they know us like old friends when we walk by them.

8. Three mile walks, three days in a row.

9. Sunshine that dries out the rain.

10. A new Red Wolf Exhibit at Pt. Defiance Zoo in Tacoma - a signature exhibit since the zoo has been in a partnership program that has brought the red wolves back from near extinction. Something good in the newspaper.

11. Comics like Garfield, Peanuts, Pickles, and Zits. A few other good things in the newspaper

12. Seeing the new line-up for Free Family Movie Nights that will be taking place at our church from October through March. Free movies, free popcorn, free candy. Good stuff.

13. Having a wonderful friend who looked after our escape artist cat who somehow knew in advance that we were taking her and her furry doggy brothers to a kennel last Thursday.

14. Having all the pets home safe.

15. My husband washed the dishes yesterday . . . cheerfully.

16. I've finished a Shakespeare class syllabus, a Writer's Workshop for 9-11 year olds class syllabus, a homeschool poetry syllabus, and a combined homeschool history and literature syllabus in the last two days. Some of the syllabi just needed tweaking or polishing, but I'm glad I got that work done.

17. Dinner is ready, and I had help making it.

18. Good family movies like UP, and Kung Fu Panda.

19. School is around the corner for us, and I'm almost ready for it.

20. Scripture Verses taped to my kitchen cupboards - a needed reminder.

Thank the Lord for these blessings, and all the ones I forgot to name!

"May the words of my mouth, and the mediation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

1 comment:

Karen Lange said...

All good things to be thankful for:)