Wednesday, September 15, 2010

365 Days of Blessings - Days 108 and 109

365 Days of Blessings, Days 108 and 109

As days go, yesterday was an extremely tough one. I did think of some blessings throughout the day, but I never got to my computer to write them up. There has been a situation in a certain area of my life (not family) that has reached a level of ugliness that I have had to stop and pray more times than I can count throughout the last three days. Yesterday topped it all off . . . and the situation is not resolved. However, I have said what I needed to say to the individuals I needed to say it to . . . and I trust God to take care of the rest.

So here are the blessings I've found in the midst of yesterday:

Day 108
1. God gives me peace, true, honest peace that I know did not come from anyone else, and didn't even come from inside of me.

2. I have a husband who supports me, stands by me, and gives me honest, Biblically sound advice when I ask for it.

3. Friends have stated that they would stand by me.

4. I have prayed, I have read my Bible, I have spoken to my Pastor, and I know that I am standing on solid ground in this situation.

5. Jesus is my cornerstone.

6. The Lord is my rock, my salvation, my shield, and my foundation.

7. God is the best judge of this situation, and I am willing to stand before him and give an account of my actions, and words. He knows all, and he knows my heart.

8. God gave me the strength to stand my ground in a situation where I was questioned repeatedly in a bullying manner, and asked to betray the trust of other individuals.

9. I know that God, in his mercy and infinite wisdom, can use this situation to bring each person involved, and those surrounding this crisis, into relationship with him.

10. "Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1 Corinthians 13:6-7. I love the Lord enough, and I love the kids at my church enough to tell the truth, to protect the kids and families at my church, to trust in God's guidance, to hope for the best outcome, and to persevere in this storm.

"Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed." 1 Peter 13

"Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kinds of sufferings.
And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Chirst; after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power forever and ever. Amen." 1 Peter 8-11




And here's today's blessings so far:
Day 109

1. A walk.

2. A quick trip the School District office to file my Home Education Intent form awarded me with three fair tickets.

3. My dogs barking in rythmic harmony: woo woo ruff, woo woo ruff, woo woo woo woo ruff ruff (repeat 3 times).

4. A friendly neighbor who slows his truck long enough to wave, and say hello.

5. Another friendly neighbor who petted our beagle as my mom talked to him. I have a greater trust of those who win my dogs' favor - not sure if that should be the way I am, but it is.

6. Pancakes for breakfast.

7. Bright sunlight shining through green leaves and creating a pattern of shadows on my window.

8. Ironing my husband's work shirt this morning . . . some mornings ironing is a blessed moment of reflection on an awesome marriage.

9. My daughters' readiness to do their lessons.

10. Walking with God every day, and having God's word by my side.

Scripture Blessings:
"Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly." James 3:1
and
"Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show it by his good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom." James 3:13

No comments: