Friday, September 10, 2010
365 Days of Blessings - Blessed Blog Award, and Day 104
The Blessed Blog Award is back!!!
I had planned to give out the Blessed Blog Award at least once a week, but I admit I have fallen behind on my commitment to giving the award. There are so many candidates with so many wonderful, blessed blogs that it becomes hard to choose. Plus, I admit, my life has been busy lately.
If you receive this award, know that you have blessed my writing and my life by inspiring me with your words, and your insights. Please feel free to pass it on.
This week, this award goes to Jill Kemerer for inspiring me three days a week with her wonderful posts. Jill's "One Goal" Friday posts have been a huge blessing for me. Thank you Jill!!!
365 Days of Blessings, Day 104
1. God works through reluctant heroines like Esther.
2. In the midst of prayer, worry, and planning, I felt God had the Sunday School meeting in His capable hands last night.
3. Knowing God is with me as a storm looms on the horizon.
4. Knowing that God can give me courage to deal with with possible confrontations.
5. God's word is true, and right, and helpful in times of trouble.
6. Trusting God's timing.
7. Having a prayer warrior mom.
8. A calm husband who supports and encourages me.
9. My dad's hugs.
10. Fresh air.
11. Finishing three days of home-schooling, keeping good notes on our efforts, and feeling successful at the end of each of those days. We have many days ahead of us, but this part of my life looks like smooth sailing right now.
12. Only 5 days until my next publication! (a poem in an online magazine)
"Praise the Lord.
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is
his love endures forever.
Who can proclaim the mighty acts of
or fully declare his name?
Blessed are they who maintain justice,
who constantly do what is right.
Remember me, O Lord, when you
show favor to your people,
come to my aid when you save
that I may enjoy the prosperity of your
that I may share in the joy of your
and join your inheritance in giving
"Now this is what the Lord Almighty says: "Give careful thought to your ways. You have planted much, but have harvested little. You eat, but never have enough. You drink, but never have your fill. You put on clothes, but are not warm. You earn wages, only ot put them in a purse with holes in it." Haggai 1:5-6
"'But now be strong, O Zerubbabel,' declares the Lord. 'Be strong, O Josuha son of Jehozadak, the high priest. Be strong, all you people of the land,' declares the Lord, 'and work. For I am with you,' declares the Lord Almighty. 'This is what I covenanted with you when you came out of Egypt. And my Spirit remains in you. Do not fear.'" Haggai 2:4-5