Thursday, September 23, 2010

365 Days of Blessings - Day 117

365 Days of Blessings, Day 117

1. God takes very real, earthy stuff and makes miracles happen. Just see the Creation story in Genesis, or the story of Jesus' birth in Matthew and Luke to see what I mean! Plus, there are many other examples too numerous to name here.

2. Birds fluttering the branches of trees just outside my window.

3. Writing from a new place with a new view. I used to write in my dining room most days, looking out at our backyard and a giant cedar tree. Lately I've been writing in my kitchenette, looking out the window onto our driveway, bushes, pine and deciduous trees of all kinds, and blackberry vines.

4. Starting my day with scripture and a short story, then a super short walk.

5. Writing a story in less than two pages, knowing it needs more work, but feeling the sense of accomplishment that comes with saying, "The End."

6. Writing on my novel, and knowing the end is nowhere in sight yet.

7. A squirrel climbing a tree, moving up far beyond my sight at least above thirty feet and not seeming to plan on stopping.

8. The sound of the washer and dryer. I'm so glad I don't have to wash my clothes by hand.

9. Having a successful math lesson with my daughters. Proportions and division with remainders made sense today!

10. A long chat with my Dad about . . . everything, politics, health insurance, food, and caffeine addiction, with plenty of storytelling mixed in.

Scripture Blessings:

"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men.
You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden."
Matthew 5:13-14


Please note: tomorrow I will be posting day 118, but I will also be writing a post about "writing compelling characters" for THE GREAT BLOGGING EXPERIMENT. I will be postponing the Blessed Blog Award giveaway until Saturday.

No comments: