Saturday, September 11, 2010

365 Days of Blessings - Day 105

365 Days of Blessings, Day 105

1. God answered my prayers yesterday, sent me encouragement, and took the burden I had right out of my hands. Wow!

2. A timely phone call from a friend yesterday, giving me encouragement, and letting me know that the confrontation I feared is not mine to deal with alone.

3. Relief.

4. Getting a few more home-school books in the mail! I think sometimes it would be more fun to get them in segments throughout the year instead of all at once.

5. Spilling Ink: A Young Writer's Handbook by Anne Mazer and Ellen Potter has some great insight and writing challenges for young writers. I'm using it as one resource for the writing class I'll start teaching this Monday at the homeschool cooperative.

6. Reading logs! My daughters didn't realize how much they were reading until we started to keep a record.

7. Writing journals where ideas, quotes, prompts, challenges, stories, poetry, fun words, and real life happenings all mix together in the pages . . . a wonderful recipe for imagination.

8. Saturday!

9. My youngest daughter's wisdom when waking up with a nightmare . . . "I just try to forget it and think of something else, so it doesn't bother me anymore. Usually it works." Of course, she comes and snuggles with us too, and we pray for her.

10. With plenty to do, and an active imagination, I have no fear of ever being bored.

11. A fun writing prompt like: Design a playground. Draw it. Describe it. Try to use all five senses. (This can start some pretty fantastical writing with kids - and young at heart people like me)

12. Today my neice Jessica's birthday. She has been a huge blessing in my life since the day that I met her, and especially since the first time she threw her arms around me in a hug. Happy Birthday Jessica!!!

13. Knowing that we have heroes in our country, heroes like the ones who sacrificed themselves for others' sake on 9/11, walking into to burning buildings, changing the direction of a plane flown by terrorists. Through their example, we know that every day people can be heroes too.

14. Biblical names like Zechariah, which means "The Lord Remembers."

Scripture Blessings:

"This is what the Lord says: 'I will return to Zion and dwell in Jerusalem. then Jerusalem will be called the City of Truth, and the mountain of the Lord Almighty will be called the Holy Mountain.'
This is what the Lord Almighty says: 'Once again men and women of ripe old age will sit in the streets of Jerusalem, each with cane in hand because of his age. The city streets will be filled with boys and girls playing there.'"
Zechariah 8:3-5

No comments: