Sunday, September 26, 2010

365 Days of Blessings - Day 120

365 Days of Blessings, Day 120 - a bunch of mostly unrelated but great blessings that I'm thankful for today -

1. The Lord is my shield.

2. I'm still reading some of the 198 posts from The Great Blogging Experiment!

3. Sweet, wonderful bloggers who have stopped to leave me encouraging comments about my "Writing Compelling Characters" post and my blog in general.

4. A good night's sleep.

5. Two baby gifts, unwrapped yet, waiting to be taken to their new, fresh from God, owners.

6. My day is planned to the fullest, but I'm still going to grab a few minutes here and there to write, relax, and hug my family.

7. Teaching about Hannah's prayer for a son this morning with 4th and 5th graders should be fun. We have the Bible story, a craft, and a game. I'm not sure if we'll have time for everything, but having more to do with 12 energetic kids is a good idea.

8. Looking forward to a Baby shower this afternoon. I've often wondered at that phrase "shower" . . . when did it come to be used for brides and babies?

9. Yesterday, I had some concern over my poem at Every Day Poets. Reading it yesterday morning made me see the mistakes I didn't see before when I submitted it. Turns out though, that the main concern anyone else had was over whether I knew correct composting procedures. As I told my husband last night, "I was prepared to take criticim of my poetic form, but don't you dis' my mom's compost!" LOL. The things I take seriously sometimes crack me up later.

10. Yesterday, I watched my two daughters dance at the mall, and they are so comfortable with tap dancing in front of crowds now that it amazes me. When they make mistakes, they just keep smiling and tapping.

Scripture Blessings:
"Without warning, a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. The disciples went and woke him, saying 'Lord, save us! We're going to drown!'
He replied, 'You of little faith, why are you so afraid?' Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm."
Matthew 8:24-26

2 comments:

Karen Lange said...

"Keep smiling and tapping" - maybe that should be something that we do in life no matter what the circumstances! :)
Blessings to you, your family and your blogging gang,
Karen

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks Karen! - I agree, and I'm glad to be reminded of "smiling and tapping" too. Blessings!!!