Monday, September 20, 2010

365 Days of Blessings - Days 113, and 114

365 Days of Blessings, Days 113, and 114

1. God gives us the ability to give.

2. The first day of Sunday School.

3. Fresh paint in the Sunday School basement.

4. A new student.

5. A new teacher . . . fresh perspective.

6. Reading a tough Bible story with a 4th and 5th grade class, and praying all the way through it. Judges 4:1-5:3.

7. Deborah, the prophetess and Judge. See, the Bible really does have some strong women in it!

8. Going to the Western Washington State Fair, or the Puyallup, as it is affectionately called here.

9. Smoothies and curly fries my kids and I can actually eat.

10. Watching my girls, and their friends dance on the education state at the Puyallup Fair. They are all so wonderful!

11. Riding the big, wooden roller coaster.

12. Friends, family, dance, livestock barns, good food . . . all good, and all together.

13. A helpful husband on a busy morning.

14. Two moms coming to tell me that their kids enjoyed my writing class, and getting a card from one of my students. I am thankful for their encouragement!

15. Writing class, the second week, we are all more relaxed and ready to write, and share our writing.

16. Stories that kids tell.

17. Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet . . . the prologue, the sonnet form, the wonderful youthfulness of the parts, and the thought-provoking backdrop of the feud.

18. English, Shakespearean sonnets.

19. Getting my preparation work done, here between classes, at the co-operative.

20. Hearing that my kids are having a good day at lunch time. Only one more class to go and I get to be a facilitator in it!

Scripture Blessings:
"When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened tehir treasures and presented him with gifts of gold and incense and myrrh." Matthew 2:10-11

One of my favorite versions of this verse occurred at a Nativity drama a few years ago, when the narrator stated that they brought Jesus "mirth" instead of "myrrh."

No comments: