Monday, September 13, 2010

355 Days of Blessings - Day 107

365 Days of Blessings, Day 107

1. The Lord protects us, comforts us, and strengthens us in the midst of life's storms.

2. The awesome shoulder, advice, and thoughtfulness of my husband! In the last week, we've had lots of opportunities to talk, and I needed that!

3. Home-school cooperative!!!

4. My first day of teaching classes is done! Mistakes made, yes, but I took notes, and made plans for improvement. I really hope that my students will come away with a love of writing, and an enjoyment of Shakespeare (2 different classes).

5. Writing in a classroom with 9 kids that I just met today. Wow!

6. Writing a lazy sonnet, and looking forward to reading my Shakespeare class' lazy sonnets.

7. Hearing my kids' excitement over their classes and lessons, and being given a play-by-play account of their day in the car, and at home, and in the car again on the way to dance class.

8. My oldest daughter's confidence and persistence in making friends. Today, I watched her get ignored in a group conversation, trying to break in over an over . . . until finally, on her fourth try, the other girls turned, listened, and included her in the conversation.

9. My youngest daughter's excitement at learning. She wanted to teach me everything she learned today.

10. Back to the regular dance schedule . . .hanging out and eating dinner in the studio with al the company kids and company parents. What a fun group of people!

Scripture Blessings:
"And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son." Zechariah 12:10

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him."
John 3:16-17

2 comments:

Angie said...

What's a lazy sonnet? That sounds fun. Sounds like your home-school cooperative is really great. And it's so nice to have a husband you can talk to.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Hi Angie!
A lazy sonnet is a sonnet consisting of 14 words, with one word on each line still following the English Shakespearean rhyme scheme of abab, cdcd, efef, gg. It's an idea I found in a book about teaching Shakespeare with high school kids, called SHAKESPEARE SET FREE from the Teaching Shakespeare Institute at the Folger Shakespeare Library. (in D.C.)