365 Days of Blessings, Day 101
1. The Lord provides.
2. This post marks the 101 days of counting blessings, and keeping track on-line with these posts. I am so thankful for this project, even if there have been moments that it has been a struggle for me to write them. It seemed so simple when I started it, and it is simple. I just simply need to be thankful . . . instead of grouchy, and quick to complain.
3. Every little bit of thankfulness counts.
4. I feel changed by thankfulness.
5. When I find myself complaining, I often stop and think, "whoa, do I really want to do this?"
6. When I stop complaining, and start thanking . . . other people around me do the same. We pull each other out of the mire of discontented thinking.
7. Or, on the reverse of number 6, when I start complaining, sometimes people around me say, "hey, what about that counting blessings-thankfulness thing? You know we can be thankful for . . . " - and they point me in the right direction.
8. Thankfulness changes relationships for the better.
9. Thankfulness draws me closer to God.
10. I want to live my life with a thankful heart, and I feel like I'm closer to reaching that goal now more than ever before.
1. My mom-in-law's birthday was yesterday! She is a wonderful woman of strength, perseverence, and faithfulness. I am so thankful that she is in my life! Happy Birthday Mary!!!
2. I water-skied yesterday for the first time in 12 years!
3. Ice is a blessing on a sore knee joint.
Writing Blessings: Check out the September Table of Contents at Every Day Poets
"Even though the fig trees have no blossoms,
and there are no grapes on the vines;
even though the olive crop fails,
and the fields like empty and barren;
even though the flocks die in the fields,
and the cattle barns are empty,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord!
I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!
The Sovereign Lord is my strength!
He makes me as surefooted as a deer,
able to tread upon the heights."
My life is so blessed! Our country is so blessed with fruitfulness! And yet, do we rejoice in the Lord? Do I?
I am thankful, Lord, and I will rejoice! Amen!