Sunday, September 12, 2010

365 Days of Blessings - Day 106

365 Days of Blessings, Day 106

1. The Lord remembers us.

2. A wonderful song my kids sang in children's choir last year that's running through my head this morning. The chorus goes something like this: "I am not forgotten, I am not forgotten, I am not forgoteen, God knows my name."

3. Stretching and waking up some of my forgotten muscles in the morning.

4. Having a day to get things done . . . like errands, planning, and some house-cleaning. Plus, I did some book reading as well . . . and some writing, and had some fun. I like Saturdays.

5. The amazing expertise of the guitar salesman at Ted Brown Music in Tacoma. He gave my oldest daughter her first lesson in guitar basics - how to hold the guitar properly, and why.

6. Getting a nice sounding guitar at a reasonable price.

7. Writing the rough draft of a short story in thirty minutes!

8. Struggling through a writing prompt this morning, but then finding a way to make it fit my novel, The Crystal Sword.

9. Reading the Narnia series aloud in the evenings at bed-time. We just read the scene where Aslan leads Lucy and the others through the woods and across the river, with Lucy being the only one who could see him. There are so many juicy Biblical principles at work in that scene . . . like trusting and following Jesus even when no one else believes, and standing up for our faith and doing what is right even when it's uncomfortable.

10. My dogs believe that the first phone call of the morning is for them, and them alone. Monday through Saturday they walk with my mom and I, after she calls me or I call her. The sad part is that it is Sunday today. I think I'll take them out to get the paper at least.

Scripture Blessings:
"From Judah will come the
cornerstone,
from him the tent peg,
from him the battle bow,
from him every ruler."
Zechariah 10:4

"Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household, built on the foundation of the apostles and the prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord."
Ephesians 2:19-21

2 comments:

Tamika: said...

Tyrean, I love this series:) God is great and greatly to be praised. We serve a risen Savior that lives!

It gives me great joy to know that. And more than that, I am not forgotten:)

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thank you Tamika!!! Our Savior lives and remembers us!