Saturday, September 4, 2010

365 Days of Blessings - Day 98

365 Days of Blessings, Day 98

1. The Lord gives us rest.

2. Walking into warm lakewater, with my sandals pushing up against my feet trying to float, and my daughters reaching out to save a dragonfly from drowning.

3. Riding in a boat on a warm day on Lake Wapato.

4. Lake Wapato, a small lake just four miles from Lake Chelan. My sister-in-law Katie is a genius at finding sweet camping places and nice lakes.

5. Tubing.

6. Taking our daughters tubing for the very first time . . . I wish I had my camera with me this morning.

7. Our nephew Jacob's skill and sheer sense of joy at tubing.

8. Bumping and weaving around family members in an RV - 7 family + 1 friend today, two more coming tomorrow. We share space comfortably, praise God!

9. A walk on a country road.

10. Apple orchards filled with bushels of perfect apples.

11. Sunflower's cousins growing bushy and weed-like on the edge of the road.

12. Shades of brown rising in low hills against a blue upon blue sky.

13. A slow but steady internet connection.
All these and many more, I give thanks for to you, O Lord! Amen.

Scripture Blessings:
"In the last days
the mountain of the Lord's temple
will be established
as chief among the mountains;
it will be raised above the hills,
and peoples will stream to it.
Many nations will come and say,
'Come, let us go up to the mountain
of the Lord,
to the house of the god of Jacob.
He will teach us his ways,
so that we may walk in his paths.'"
Micah 4:1-2a

No comments: