Tuesday, September 28, 2010

365 Days of Blessings, Day 122

365 Days of Blessings, Day 122
I love green, but I've been feeling a need for blue sky blue, so here it is.
Blue like sky, blue like freedom, blue like dreams, blue like water . . .

365 Days of Blessings, Day 122
1. God gives us freedom.

2. Sleep.

3. Learning more about William Wilberforce, Abraham Lincoln, and Harriet Tubman, as well as other reformers of history who lived in the late 1700’s and the 1800’s. My youngest daughter is studying this time period currently, and I’m reading her books plus a few extras.

4. My oldest daughter is learning about the earliest history of India, 1800-1700 B.C., and we are enjoying that time period . . . although, as she says of the Assyrians, Babylonians, and Egyptians – “It’s all about fighting, destroying, getting power, and building temples over and over again.”

5. Our upstairs bathroom has been gutted, the plumber is gleefully pulling pipes out of our house, and we are hanging out at my parents’ house. I’m just thankful my parents live next door.

6. We have been set free from our house, and our routines, but we’ve chosen to keep home-schooling anyway.

7. A new appreciation for water.

8. My oldest daughter’s ability to practice her Latin words and conjugations to the tunes of Thousand Food Krutch.

9. Gleeful girls with brand new gold stretch pants . . . I wouldn't wear them, but hey, they can wear them well and with joy.

10. The water is on for the night . . . thank you, Lord.

Scripture Blessings:
John 7:38
Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."

No comments: