365 Days of Blessings, Day 115
1. God's word is comforting, like a quilt wrapped around me on a cold morning.
2. Finding the book of Matthew to be so familiar that reading it is like hugging an old friend.
3. Despite two power outages or surges that messed up our alarm clock, and despite feeling slightly sick, I helped my husband get ready in time for his vanpool. He helped me yesterday, and I helped him today. That's just what we do, and I love that.
4. Being able to return to bed and write under the covers for a little while.
5. Using the writing prompt "the language of fire" to write a section of The Crystal Sword, when Clara is refined by the refiner's fire and defeats her enemy.
6. The feel of a smooth page under my right hand while my left guides my pen across the page (I wrote these in my journal first today).
7. A phone call from a friend last night, giving me support and encouragement.
8. This wonderful quote from Jerry B. Jenkins' book WRITING FOR THE SOUL, "Write because you believe in something. I write because I believe that's what God wants me to do." I highly recommend this book to all writers, especially Christian writers.
9. Researching the properties of different crystals for my novel, The Crystal Sword. Yes, it's fantasy, but I want to have a little bit of slighly reasonable background for it.
10. Books for homeschooling that we've read so far: The Golden Goblet, The Hittite Warrior, The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle, the Moccassin Trail, and By The Great Horn Spoon. That's a combination of 6th grade and 4th grade historical fiction books. We're off to a good start.
"In those days John the Baptist came, saying, 'Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near.'" Matthew 3:1
"Produce fruit in keeping with repentance." Matthew 3:8
"I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me will come one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not fit to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire." Matthew 3:11
"As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, 'This is my Son, who I love; with him, I am well pleased.'" Matthew 3:16-17