Friday, September 3, 2010

365 Days of Blessings - Days 96 and 97

365 Days of Blessings, Days 96 and 97

1. Psalm 121:1 "I lift my eyes to the hills -
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth."

2. I feel like God opened my eyes today to all the beauty that he has made.

3. The blue sky with wispy white clouds softly moving to the North.

4. My cat's bright white and black fur, standing out against the dark green shade of the garden bed.

5. The many textures of leaves . . . feathery, sloping and slick, prickly and upright, large and umbrella-like, smooth, rough, soft, and furry looking.

6. Reading my description above, I'm thankful for my thesaurus, a handy tool when I can't quite capture with words the amazing awesomeness of God's creation.

7. Mossy banks, blackberries, and ferns, salal, more plants than I can name, and then the cattails growing in the ditch.

8. Feathery tops of tall brown grass swaying in the breeze of a passing car.

9. A huddle of mailboxes leaning together for support.

10. Neighbors waving as they drive their kids to school.

11. A chipmunk dashing across the road, and reaching safety just in time.

12. A bluejay defending her clump of blackberry bushes.

13. Starting to jog in the midst of walking . . . just one power pole length, then two, then three, then . . . walk.

14. The blue-grey bark of a fir tree in the early dawn.

15. The new green bark of a Madrona peeling back to show the red heart of bark underneath.

16. The light shining through the shadows, falling in patterns framed by leaf shadows on the driveway.

17. Five fresh blackberries picked from the vine, melting in sweetness in my mouth.

18. Eating a little like a hobbit - first breakfast (blackberries), followed by second breakfast (half hour from now), followed by elevensies, then lunch, then . . . well, you get the idea. If I can just keep my portions down like I have for the past four days, I will be all right.

19. My husband aka the Alternator Repair Man, has revealed his secret identity . . . and he has a few extra volunteer hours lined up for himself helping another church member fix her car. I love that about him as long as he remembers to spend some time being Super Husband, and Super Dad too.

20. Packing up for one last summer trip . . . Lake Chelan here we come! Dogs and cat getting spoiled by my Mom and Dad. Excited and Nervous about making a water-skiing attempt for the first time in nearly 12 years. Fun, sun, and rest . . . just one more time.

Extras: Plans are all made for the school year, including some for my writing time!
Prayer, and lots of it, fills my heart with praise, thanks, and joy. Thank you, God!

Scripture Blessings:
"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:2

2 comments:

Angie said...

Beautiful! I think there's something about fall that brings out the beauty of the earth. I love September! I hope you have a wonderful trip.

Karen Lange said...

I love the fall as well. Looking forward to enjoying the days:) Have a good trip!
Blessings,
Karen