Saturday, September 25, 2010

365 Days of Blessings - Day 119

365 Days of Blessings, Day 119

1. God is beyond time, and yet give us the gift of time . . . like this moment.

2. The Great Blogging Experiment. I'm so glad I participated, and I'm loving the other 198 posts. Great reading material about writing compelling characters.

3. The perfect timing of the Great Blogging Experiment. I'm teaching a few lessons about character and characterization in the next few weeks to my Writers' Workshop Adventure class at our homeschool cooperative. Now, I have even more advice to share with the students . . . and I think just the idea of having 198 writers write about compelling characters is awesome.

4. Slow sunrises on what I thought was a grey morning. Now there is blue above the trees.

5. Dogs want out, dogs want in . . . and they keep me from sitting too long in one place when I'm writing, blogging, and goofing off too.

6. Watching The Legend of the Guardians last night with my family, and several friends. The 3-D was worth it, with great depth and clarity especially during the flight scenes.

7. Discussing the differences between the Ga'Hoole books and the Legend of the Guardians movie with my daughters for a half hour last night. I love book talks, and movie talks, and when we get to combine them, it's awesome.

8. I like happy endings in movies . . . even if it means they changed some of the book details. I just like that whole reunion with parents thing, and the fact that the MC didn't kill his evil brother but only killed the evil overlord in self-defense, and then with some regret.

9. I always hope for redemption for the bad guys . . . or justice that doesn't hurt the good guys very much . . . in other words, I don't want the "good guys" turning sour in the process of winning. Is that too Disney of me? Possibly, but it's still the way that I am.

10. Every Day Poets has my poem, MY MOTHER'S COMPOST, online today . . . I regret that I misinformed everyone with the wrong poem title yesterday, but "embers" will be coming out in Moon Drenched Fables' next issue. I'm just so excited I'm not keeping my publishing news straight. Picture me bubbling with happiness.

Scripture Blessings:

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he sho seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." Matthew 7:7-8

"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock."
Matthew 7:24-25

6 comments:

Tamika: said...

Blessings Tyrean!

Laura Pauling said...

I love talking about the differences between books and movies with my kids!

Melissa said...

Book talks have to be my favorite thing ever! I could talk forever about my favorite books.

The blogging experiment yesterday was overwhelmingly epic. I'm so glad I participated as it was well worth it. I'll have to consider joining other blogfests now.

It's good that you are going to get to use this knowledge to teach others. Awesome

Have a wonderful day!

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

I should be reading your post from yesterday (wink) but I'm compelled to read today's post. I love discussing books vs movies with my daughter too. :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

Tamika - Thanks! Blessings to you too!

Melissa - Book conversations, or conversations that start with books, go to life, and come back to books are definitely the best kinds of conversations!
Thanks! Hope you had a wonderful day too!

Sharon - Glad to hear today's post was compelling. Thanks!! :-)

Tyrean Martinson said...

Laura - Talking books with kids is great! Have a great day!