- About Me
- Short Stories and Poetry
- Champion in the Darkness
- Champion in Flight
- THE CHAMPION TRILOGY
- Wings of Light Publishing
- Book Stores
- Books on Writing
- Dream Goals for 2015
- Ashes Burn Micro-Fiction
- Guest Posts
- Guest Policy
- Summer Vacation Devotions
- Submission Links
- Author Appearances
Friday, September 17, 2010
365 Days of Blessings - Day 111
Blessed Blog Award Friday!
There are so many blogs to choose from, and so many blessed writing posts. If you receive this award, please know that you are a blessing in my life. Your writing has inspired me.
This week this award goes to Grace from a grace story because her life and her posts inspire me to be a better mother, to place every aspect of my life in God's hands, and to have joy in all of life's moments. She also writes beautifully.
Thank you for being a blessing in my life, Grace!
365 Days of Blessings - Day 111
1. The Lord answers our prayers.
3. Feeling free of worry. Why worry, when God has everything in his hands?
4. The strength of my family. I see the way that God has blessed us with connectedness as we work together, play together, eat together, pray together, and snuggle together.
5. My youngest daughter, Trisha, saying "Thank you, Mom, for finding my ballet clothes, and making us dinner, and putting my hair in a bun."
6. My oldest daughter, Anna, who often stays calm in the midst of a scramble of dinner-making, clothes-finding, and hair up-doing. She brought me all the necessary hair bands and brushes so I could put hair in buns while dinner made it to the table.
7. Bags of books taken back to the library, and bags of books brought home.
8. Road trip today!!! I mean, educational field trip :-).
9. Ashland, OR and the Oregon Shakespeare Festival.
10. My daughters have found a way to wear their fanciest dresses with warm clothes underneath so they can "dress for the theatre" even though the Elizabethan theatre is outside, and we may be cold. I planned on wearing long johns, jeans, and several layers of shirts plus a sweatshirt or a ski jacket. They spent a half hour last night making sure that tights, leggings, long-sleeved shirts, scarves and gloves looked good with their dresses. Peals of laughter could be heard all over the house.
"and Jacob, the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ." Matthew 1:16
"after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, 'Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.'" 1 Matthew 1:2o-21
I have often read the geneaology listings in the Bible with some boredom, but today in Matthew as I finished reading that list with Matthew 1:16, I realized that these lists are a way we can be sure that God cares about families and family life. In the context of the story of Jesus' birth, when God sent his only Son to live with a human family, I find these lists meaningful and comforting. God chose a family for his son. Family is a gift.