Thursday, September 30, 2010

365 Days of Blessings, Day 124

365 Days of Blessings, Day 124 - All About Water!

1. God gives us water - sea water, fresh water, baptismal water, living water - and it's all good.

2. Plumbing that works! The project isn't finished yet, but I see progress!

3. Having water until 10 a.m. this morning!!!

4. Water sports like canoeing, kayaking, swimming, water-skiing, water-tubing, white water rafting, sailing, boogie boarding, wading, and splashing. (Plus I like the frozen water sports too - ice skating, skiing, snowboarding, etc)

5. The feel of water on my skin when I wash my hands, go for a swim, splash mud puddles in the rain, and get dripped on by trees.

6. Access to clean drinking water, clean water for cleaning, and clean water for cooking.

7. The sounds of water - waves crashing, wavelets rippling, raindrops dripping, hail slamming the ground, snowflakes whispering to rest.

8. Organizations that work to bring clean water to people in need throughout the world.

9. Clean Water Advocacy groups.

10. Fasting from bottled water. I have the means to do it, so I'm starting today. I plan to donate the money I save to an organization that helps improve access to clean water for the 884 million people who don't have it. Care to join me in giving up the bottle? The bottled water, that is? For every day that I don't drink bottled water, I'll be putting aside at least 50 cents for a donation. Doesn't sound like much, but I think it will add up.

For more information about the clean water crisis, please visit these sites:

Water.org

World Vision Water and Sanitation

Samaritan's Purse Turn on the Tap

Compassion International Healing Waters

Lutheran World Relief Water Advocacy

Scripture Blessings:
"And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward." Matthew 10:42

"Jesus answered, 'Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.'" John 4:13-14

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." Matthew 11:29

5 comments:

C. N. Nevets said...

I want to go swimming so bad right now. lol

Melissa said...

WATER! Seems to be a very important theme today... I just read 40 pages about why ancient civilizations needed water for history. Your water stuff is more interesting though.

I'm thirsty.

Karen Lange said...

Yes, this is a wonderful thing to be thankful for!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Blessings,
Karen

Jill Kemerer said...

Cool topic, and yes, I'm very thankful for water! Have a great weekend!

Tyrean Martinson said...

C.N. Nevets - LOL - fall/winter isn't the best time for a swim, unless the pool's heated, and the swimmers are brave.

Melissa - Thanks!

Karen - hope you have a Blessed weekend too.

Jill - Thanks! Have a great weekend.