Friday, October 29, 2010
365 Days of Blessings, Day 153, Blessed Blog Award, and Sight and Light
The Blessed Blog Award is back! I apologize for having been remiss in my giving. So many blogs are so blessed. Today, I just want to highlight two blogs. Everything Home . . . With Carol is a blog that encompasses writing, homeschooling, and thanksgiving. South Breeze Farm is a blog about homeschooling, and giving thanks! I'm especially thankful for finding the Giving Thanks project started at South Breeze Farm. I feel blessed by both these blogs, and encourage you to check them out too.
For Day 152 of the 365 Days of Blessings, I am especially thankful for light, and for sight:
1. Recently, the power went out in our town, and a friend of mine, who has a great fear of darkness, found herself in a near panic attack. She lit a candle, and prayed. Watching the flame burn strong in the darkness, she felt at peace again, reminded that Jesus is the light of the world.
4. Generators, and the men in my family who know how to use them safely. Someday, I have to learn that skill.
5. Light scattering darkness into patterns of shadows.
6. The burning brightness of the sun glaring on the cover of clouds above us on a cloudy day.
10. The Lord gives us light, and sight.
“Two blind men were sitting by the roadside, and when they heard that Jesus was going by, they shouted, ‘Lord, Son of David, have mercy on us!’
The crowd rebuked them and told them to be quiet, but they shouted all the louder, ‘Lord, Son of David, have mercy on us!’
Jesus stopped and called them, ‘What do you want me to do for you?’ he asked.
‘Lord, they answered, ‘we want our sight.’
Jesus had compassion on them and touched their eyes. Immediately they received their sight and followed him.”