Pumpkin Patch Friday
1. Driving to our favorite pumpkin patch, Spooner Farms, under a blue sky.
2. An Alice in Wonderland corn maze, the best Spooner Farms maze we've ever experienced. The mud factor was low, due to sunny skies. The decorations were perfect and playful.
3. Going through the rabbit hole with Alice . . . in a corn maze.
4. The Queen of Heart's Castle was great, the Jabberwocky playtoy was cool, and we enjoyed the Mad Hatter's Tea Party too.
5. Finding all the little punch stations in the maze, and finding them easily.
6. Picking out our pumpkins. Each person gets one that they can carry, especially since Daddy (my husband) threw his back out last weekend. No ginormous pumpkins this year, but we still found some very nice ones.
7. Finding a number of colorful, twisted, and decorative squash.
8. Playing Pumpkin Slingshot, and trying to win a giant pumpkin. The fun is in the launching. Somehow having won one last year satisfied our desire to win even this year.
9. Playing trough water races with plastic duckies and hand pumps . . . I wish I had taken my camera with me, because I'm not sure I can fully describe the fun.
10. The pleasant, orange cheeked pumpkins sitting on our porch, waiting to receive their faces.
11. Returning to volunteer at the Cat Rescue after four months of being away from all those wonderful kitties. Some have been adopted, and some are new. Some are like old friends who serenade us with their symphonic purrs.
12. God provides us with bountiful blessings!
"They will come and shout for joy on the heights of Zion; they will rejoice in the bounty of the LORD— the grain, the new wine and the oil, the young of the flocks and herds. They will be like a well-watered garden, and they will sorrow no more." Jeremiah 31:12