Blessings come in many forms and from many places. They are moments in time, people, places, objects, and just stuff that I am thankful for. Today my focus is blogs, websites and posts that have inspired my writing. Please note, that if your blog isn't mentioned, it is a foolish oversight on my part. I will have to do more than one post on these to name them all.
1. Odyssey Post at Silver Lining - my favorite post by Julie at Silver Lining on the process of writing. It's so awesome, I come back to read it again and again.
2. Through the Looking Glass post on Snape as a Compelling Character - Melissa dives into explaining why she finds Snape to be a compelling character, and in doing so, gives us a great look at the craft of writing characters.
3. a post from Book Dreaming Shannon has great quotes, thought-provoking questions, and this is just one of many that inspire me to be a better writer.
4. Write Worship Tamika is the queen of beautiful writing metaphors. When she writes about writing, she wraps it up and puts a bow on it, in addition to inspiring me to write as an act of worship.
5. Chips and Meaning Donald Mass gets into meaningful characters, and inspires us all to dig a little deeper to give our characters flaws that they might not be able to solve or change . . . interesting.
6. Nevets QST Nevets takes the time to think about the affect of our words on the world around us.
7. Write Now Karen Lange inspires me with great writing tips, and resources.
8. Notes from the Writing Chair Angie shares her writing journey from her heart, and I appreciate the honesty of her posts, and the joy that she finds in writing.
9. Jill Kemerer Jill inspires me to live a full life, and stick to my goals. Some of my favorite posts by her are her One Goal Friday posts.
10. Bible Gateway is a great resource for scripture on the web with lots of translations to choose from.
These two places published poems of mine in the month, so they are very near and dear to my heart at this moment.
Moon Drenched Fables published Embers in their fall issue.
Every Day Poets published My Mother's Compost last month.
"He said to them, 'Therefore every teacher of the law who has been instructed about the kingdom of heaven is like the owner of a house who brings out of his storeroom new treasures as well as old.'" Matthew 13:52