Tuesday, October 5, 2010

365 Days of Blessings, day 129

a moment came today when I was tempted to complain . . . actually it was longer than a moment, so I sat down and wrote out my blessings on the white board I use for homeschooling . . . and now finally here they are now:

1. My daughters' working on their costume making skills.

2. Bling - adhesive jewelry to add to any cloth.

3. The two paths writing exercise: if your character faced two paths, which one would he/she take? the one less traveled by? the wider, faster one? the straightest, the narrowest, the bounciest, and why?

4. Writing a scene based on the two paths exercise . . . my character chose to take the straightest, toughest ascent up a mountain path, and discovered that the way that looks the fastest may actually be the slowest.

5. My husband's skills at electrical work. He may be a supervising electrical engineer, but he spent several years working as an electrician, so he is rewiring our upstairs bathroom for better lighting.

6. Enthusiasm for the new company dance routine! My daughter's keep practicing at home without any direction from me.

7. Having a schedule for dance competitions and performances . . .now I can plan out some other stuff too.

8. Warm, autumn days.

9. The wonderful support and encouragement I've received from friends, and family, for my latest poem publication. Thanks everyone! If you haven't read it yet and are curious, just click
here Embers to see it.

10. Jesus gives us truth in story form . . .I love his parables.

Scripture Blessings:

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field." Matthew 13:44

No comments: