Tuesday, October 19, 2010
365 Days of Blessings, Day 143
I've been thankful for so many things now that I'm beginning to lose track, but I am still trying to mine the nuances of blessings that surround me for new ideas. Today I'm sick, and although I know I've been thankful for this particular book before, I immediately thought of the Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day book this morning. The picture reminds me a bit of how I felt earlier when I first woke up. I actually am having a very good day, despite feeling nauseous, headachey, generally achey and dizzy. I just have to remember to give thanks in all circumstances, and when I do, I see more to be thankful about with each passing moment.
I am thankful for:
1. Warm blankets.
2. Soft sheets.
3. Perfect Pillows.
4. My youngest daughter's Sign Language Dictionary, and learning the word "Tiger" in sign language this morning.
5. My oldest daughter's ability to make breakfast with cheerfulness.
6. The massage therapist who worked on my husband's poor aching back yesterday.
7. A conversation about the best days to sleep in, with my two daugthers. They agreed that they wouldn't want to sleep in on Christmas day because opening their stocking presents and going to Church are too much fun to miss, but sleeping in the day after Christmas is the best day to sleep in all year. I happen to agree with them too.
9. My mom who took our dogs for a walk, and they are happy now.
10. God's guidance, and wisdom.
11. National Parks.
"Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.: