Giving Thanks, and Counting up these blessings:
1. Woke up with a poem on my mind, and wrote it down.
2. Revised two older poems.
3. Submitted "april second" poem to Every Day Poets today.
4. I'm glad I have a number of poems seperated into files by month, so I can look for "seasonally appropriate ones" to work on and submit throughout the year. It may be fall now, and I may want to write fall poetry, but I need to submit winter and spring poetry for publication.
5. Every day I feel a little better. I'm "almost" over the flu.
6. My dogs "talk" to me with rumbly groans and huffs of breath. They are ready for the day, and think I should be moving too.
7. Shades of Gray by Carolyn Reeder, one of the homeschool literature books we are reading with our Civil War unit. I am suprised by how much I am enjoying reading it.
8. Reading The Last Battle by C.S. Lewis out loud to my family at night is bittersweet, because we are almost at the end of the Narnia series and I don't want it to end. I am so thankful I get to read these books with my kids and they like them too.
9. The book of Psalms.
10. The Lord watches over us while we sleep and when we wake.
Scripture Blessings:"The Lord will keep you from all
he will watch over your life;
the Lord will watch over your coming
both now and forevermore."