Thursday - Thor's Day? No, still God's day.
In recognition that today has been a bit stormy for some friends of mine and I, but yet, knowing that the day is still God's day, not ours, and not the storm's day. Today I'm giving thanks for:
1. Trees in all their variety.
2. Amazing sunsets . . . probably used this one before, but right now I can see this amazing gold-red ball of light shining through the leaves of our trees, with blue sky streaked with pale peach, pink and purple clouds, and it is breathtakingly beautiful.
3. Breathing in the breath of God with prayer, hope, and trust that each day is his and his alone.
4. In the Narnia books, Aslan's breath always gives the adventurer's strength, courage, confidence and peace.
5. Second day Chili over baked potatoes. MMM, good.
6. Eye doctors.
7. Glasses and contacts.
8. My oldest daughter's attitude about getting reading glasses . . . she posed in front of the mirror with several styles before choosing the ones she liked best.
10. A friend who is willing to admit that there are some days, like today, when homeschooling is tough for her too. Sometimes, we all have to take a breather for a few hours and then hit the restart button. Thanks for reminding me, dear friend!
11. Joyful Giving.
12. Writing a letter to a sponsored child.
"When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, 'Wh do people say the Son of Man is?'
They replied, 'Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.'
'But what about you?' he asked. 'Who do you say that I am?'
Simon Peter answered, 'You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.'
Jesus replied, 'Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, fo rthis was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven. And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.'"