Monday, early morning, waking up, returning to the week's routine, realizing I had lost count of my blessing posts, and fixing that. So now, opening my eyes to the amazing blessings that surround me, these are the ones that I am thankful for today:
1. 500 Blessings in the form of quilts, layettes, health kits, and school kits quilted, sewed, gathered, prayed over, and boxed up to ship to the neediest people.
2. “My Jesus, My Savior” – a song that I love.
3. Packing up the quilts, layettes, health kits, and school kits with a great group of hard-working people. It took us an hour and 15 minutes after church, but we were happy to be a small part of a big project.
4. Ideas for devotions, and ideas for Sunday School pouring through my head. The sermon was inspiring on Sunday!
5. My kids are thankful for bacon and I’m thankful for Turkey Bacon since I can’t eat the real thing.
6. Fasting for half of a day, and feeling great. I think fasting is a huge blessing when it is placed in God’s hands and isn’t about dieting.
7. Sharon, a wonderful woman at our church. She is one of the workers for the Lutefisk dinner, and the one who organizes the packing for the quilts, layettes, health kits, and school kits. She runs a drama ministry, and puts so many hours into serving and worshiping the Lord at our church and in our community that I don’t think anyone can keep track of them all. Even more amazing is that she is humble of heart, and full of joy.
8. Planning a Halloween costume . . . I’m going to be Velma. I have the right sweater, and soon I’ll have the right glasses. I just need to head to the second hand store to look for an orange skirt, or pants. Now, the question is, will my husband consent to dress up as Shaggy or Fred? He thinks he wants to wear a red ascot, if I can find something that will work.
9. “Jinkies” and “Zoinks!” are two of my favorite cartoon expressions, and I think they are far better words for shock, amazement, awe, or even frustration than other words we often hear.
10. God graces us with love, and in joy, we get to love him back.
Scripture Blessings:"We want you to know, brothers and sisters, about the grace of God that has been granted to the churches of Macedonia; for during a severe ordeal of affliction, their abundant joy and their extreme poverty overflowed in a wealth of generosity on their part. For, as I can testify, they voluntarily gave according the their means, and even beyond their means, begging us earnestly for the priviledge of sharing in this ministry to the saints." 2 Corinthians 8:1-4a