365 Days of Blessings, Day 63
1. When we quiet ourselves and listen, we can hear God's voice speaking quietly into our lives, through his Word, and through prayerful certainty.
2. My husband is an awesome technical helper. Yesterday when I struggled to do the simplest of tasks (insert text into a picture to create the Blessed Blog award), he sent me a detailed e-mail message with pictures taking me through the process step by step. I am thankful for his help, and his realization that I need visuals.
3. A three mile walk this morning! I feel so blessed to be able to walk to a cliff's edge by the ocean shore. (It's gated off so I can't get down to the beach but there is a beautiful view)
4. My old dog wants to go, go, go, even if it means our return trip is slow and arduous for her. She is so much happier when she walks.
5. Our cat thinks she should get a "walking treat" too when I return home with the dogs and they get theirs. She meets us at the door, and sits with them while I get the treats out of the treat container. If I had more time, I could probably train my cat.
6. My husband is hard at work on the bathroom remodel project this morning! Woohoo! He is doing some tearing out of the old flooring, and on Tuesday the new floor comes, along with the new toilet, and sometime soon, we hope to have a new bathtub and shower combination put in. We have only one shower in our house right now. Of course, I have to remember that compared to most of the world, we live in ultimate luxury because we have a shower.
7. I get to re-paint the bathroom soon! Either today or Monday. Blue lagoon, or sandy shore . . . actually don't know if those are paint colors, but I have high hopes of finding something like those colors today.
8. Deer eating apples from our old apple tree.
9. Applesmear softball with family, using only the unripe apples that have fallen onto the ground, of course. The ones that aren't getting eaten by the deer.
10. Seeing a really fun movie with family! We went to see Sorcerer's Apprentice last night, and we enjoyed it immensely. We especially liked seeing the mop scene, a new take on Disney's Fantasia mop messiness. I also liked how the magic was likened to science, and that started some discussions as a family.
Shared Blessing for the Day: My parents are thankful for their scooter trip!
Website for the day: Bible Gateway
Scripture for the Day:
"The king was overjoyed and gave orders to lift Daniel out of the den. And when Daniel was lifted from the den, no wound was found on him, because he had trusted in God." Daniel 6:23