365 Days of Blessings, Day 45
1. God gives us glorious, beautiful days, and comforts us through the storms.
2. Three deer sightings in three days. On Monday, I saw two yearlings bounding through the trees. Yesterday I saw a tiny fawn with its mother just outside Pt. Defiance Zoo and Aquarium in Pt. Defiance Park. This morning, our neighborhood deer walked through our yard, showing off growing racks, and lengthening strides. They know the dogs can't reach them beyond their fence so the simply keep a quick pace while the dogs bark and howl with excitement.
3. Writing anywhere, everywhere from coffee shops, grocery stores, the library, the Beach, and even the zoo.
4. Making a walking date with my husband. Great conversation and exercise too.
5. Owens Beach.
6. Pt. Defiance Zoo and Aquarium, a fun place that has blessed our family for the last ten years.
7. Spotted leopard cubs, asleep in a heap and waiting for night-time play.
8. Asian small-clawed otters diving, swimming, twirling and somersaulting in the water, with curious eyes for the zoo-goers who watch them.
9. Elephants, intelligent and ponderous.
10. Domesticated cats who give us the opportunity to see what it might feel like to pet a tiger. I know my cat makes certain that we know we are priveledged.
Bonus Blessing: Before a Sunday School Teacher's meeting last night, when I realized frantically that I didn't have all the pieces together perfectly, my oldest daughter stopped me and asked, "what's your favorite Bible verse, Mom?" And then these three popped into my head, one right after the other:
"Rejoice in the Lord always. Again, I say, Rejoice!" Philippians 4:4
"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105 KJV
"but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."