365 Days of Blessings, Day 44
1. The Lord is present in the silence.
2. My husband makes great sacrifices to serve others.
3. My in-laws have an incredible work ethic.
4. My oldest daughter is having “a great time” at zoo camp, learning about animals and what it takes to run a zoo, and making friends with a girl who is visiting from Texas.
5. My youngest daughter is having “an awesome time” at zoo camp, learning about animals, the food web, and learning crafts. She taught her sister how to make a paper snake last night.
6. My daughters have similar interests, and yet a different way of experiencing those interests. They are like a beautiful tapestry making up the same picture with different colored threads.
7. Despite disorganization yesterday, not knowing where to sit and write in Tacoma (across a toll bridge from where we live, but where the zoo is located), I managed to revise a poem, write 4,770 words on my WIP, and have lunch and a walking break with my husband who works just 10 miles from the zoo.
8. We are all healthy. Sometimes I think I forget to thank God for that enough. Sure, we have little things wrong with us like food intolerances, thyroid problems, and stuff like that, but we are so blessed to be healthy, alive, and together as a family. So many people in this world are hungry, sick, dying, and lonely. We try to help, and we pray, but for this moment, I just feel a need to say “Thank You, God!” for blessing us with health, life, and togetherness.
9. I made a good stir-fry last night, a little heavy on the carrots, but everyone liked it well enough, even though I was so exhausted I was afraid of my own cooking.
10. My oldest daughter is cooking tonight. (I’ll help, of course)
"I sought the Lord, and he answered me;
he delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to him are radiant;
their faces never covered with shame.
This poor man called, and the Lord heard him;
he saved him out of his troubles.
The angel of the Lord camps
around those who fear him,
and he delivers them.
Taste and see that the Lord is good;
blessed is the man who takes refuge in him."