Sunday, July 11, 2010

365 Days of Blessings - Day 42

365 Days of Blessings, Day 42

1. Jesus can heal our hearts, mend our broken spirits, and give us strength.

2. Hearing my husband's voice singing praises to God. We usually don't sit next to each other because of his calling as a sound board techie, but today and last Sunday, we did.

3. A book that is so good that I can feel tears pricking my eyes as I read. I usually don't like stories that I know will make me cry, but I picked this one up from the pile my mom's given me to read this summer and before I knew it I was into it, and yes, crying a little. HEROE'S TRIBUTE by Graham Garrison is guaranteed to be a tear jerker throughout, but I'm going to finish it anyway.

4. Being Home after vacation.

5. The comfort, softness, and relief of my own bed, pillows, sheets, bedroom window, and the birds that sing in the morning.

6. The healing service at Peninsula Lutheran Church today. Beautiful from beginning to end, and much needed. We prayed for the world, our country, our family (including our church family), and ourselves (forgiveness, freedom, healing).

7. The amazing choreography of a friend of ours whose daughter and husband danced at our church this morning to begin worship.

8. Accomplishing a task that needed to be done.

9. Shopping for groceries, knowing that we have been blessed abundantly.

10. Looking forward to: small group barbeque, church softball, and a full week of writing next week. As my youngest put it, "We're going to zoo camp each day next week, and mommy is going to a writing camp with herself."

Bonus blessing: Another quote from my youngest daughter, "The National Cathedral in Washington, D.C. was so amazing and beautiful, but I like our Pastor better."

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1

2 comments:

Lum said...

Thank you for your beautiful comment on my blog, entry here: http://thewritinglifeforme.blogspot.com/2009/07/writing-updates.html#comments

I really appreciate your kind words about my stories. Thank you! :)

Boy, this is a late reply.... ^^;;;

Tyrean Martinson said...

That's ok - it takes me a while to reply too.