Thursday, April 26, 2012

A to Z Challenge: W

from Scenic Reflections

A to Z Challenge

Theme: Creativity Toolbox

When we want to boost our creativity, I think we need to learn to be wayfarers of wonder, whimsy, and wisdom.

Wayfarers are foot travelers. When we walk places we move slowly enough to experience the angle of the path beneath our feet, the sounds of wind rushing through tree branches, the smell of cherry blossoms, the changing patterns of the weather, and the flittering of birds in a bush.

Wayfarers have time for wonder, whimsy and even moments of wisdom.

So, today, I highly encourage you all to take a walk and be a wayfarer. Experience the world of wonder around you, let yourself be whimsical, or even wise.

If walking is tough for you, find another way to get outside and be a wayfarer. My husband prefers to bike, and although it does speed by a little faster, I think it still gives him time to wonder as he travels from one place to another.



9 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

If I wander through my backyard, I'll only wonder when I'll have to cut the lawn next.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Alex - LOL - I know how you feel . . .that's why I take walks away from my house sometimes. If I'm in my yard, I see work.

Anonymous said...

Ahh yes, walking. I love it but we still have cool weather and rain. Later today I have to go out and so I will do my mini-walk then. Thanks for the lovely reminder.
Love MoonWynd
http://moonwyndstudio.wordpress.com/
P.S. Thanks Alex!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you hit the nail right on the head... I went for a walk this morning and simply took my time watching the squirrels and inhaling the scent of honeysuckle. It really got my creative juices flowing and helped me figure out some missing pieces of my manuscript. :)

Joanne said...

Springtime makes me want to be a wayfarer. Great post!
Blessings, Joanne

Tracy said...

Tyrean,
I love being a wayfarer an when I get to it outside, I go inside my head! I love the inspiration of nature! great 'w' post...

Angela Brown said...

This reminds of the tortoise and the hare, minus the racing part. The hare probably missed so much running past, through, over and under. Not smelling or experiencing anything but wind cutting through its fur. The tortoise probably gained the most joy, getting a chance to feel the wind graze its cheeks in a soft embrace, the scent of sweet nectar filling the blooms of colorful flowers as it slowly passed...even the buzzy buzzy buzz of bees gathering the nectar. So much to gain when we slow down, walk about and take in the beauty around us.

Karen Lange said...

I need to get out and take a walk! Thanks for reminding me; it's been a crazy day. Love the photo! :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

moonwyndstudio - mini walks are good too!

Linda - glad to hear your creativity benefits from wayfaring!

Joanne - Thanks!

Tracy - I think the awesome part of being writers is that we can gain inspiration from outdoor wayfaring, or we can do it inside our heads.

Angela - Beautiful thoughts on the tortoise . . .

Karen - hope you got to walk yesterday! Thanks!