Thursday, April 12, 2012

A to Z: Knowledge, Key, Kaleidoscope

A to Z Challenge

Theme: Creativity Toolbox

K = Knowledge, Key, Kaleidoscope?


Knowledge can be the key that opens up a kaleidoscope of creativity.

image from Tastes Like Purple

Kaleidoscopes give us a new way to see the world, even the cheapest plastic ones that are found in the dollar store . . .new knowledge can open up a kaleidoscope of creativity when we take a look at the world through fresh eyes.

Have you ever had a tiny bit of new knowledge open up a new creative endeavor for you?


Creativity Toolbox Knowledge, Key, and Kaleidoscope Writing/Creativity Exercise: Discover something new today, or use a kaleidoscope to look at the world, and then draw/create/write about it!

Or take a look at some old keys and imagine what doors they might open.







12 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Reading self-help and success books led me to read more and more. Eventually that led to me writing my own.

Tyrean Martinson said...

L. Diane - I think success books and "how-to" books often build up our knowledge and our confidence so we can build foundations under our dreams.

Tracy said...

I love kaleidoscopes-especially the ones that change the world as you glance thorugh them...they actually intrigue me! Great K word!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Fantasy and science fiction books and movies opened a whole new world for me.

Joy said...

I love that kaleidoscope picture.
Very true about bits of knowledge opening up new stores of creativity. Great post.

Unknown said...

Lovely kaleidoscope - and great word for today. Reading snippets in newspapers, magazines or hearing on the TV about events can open up the door to creativity.

Sonia Lal said...

lots of people used kaleidoscope today. it's a good word.

Sonia Lal, A to Z challenge

Lydia Kang said...

That kaleidoscope image is neat but that key is amazing!

I think of my imagination as a kind of kaleidoscope I never picked up and used until I started writing.

Deniz Bevan said...

Love that kaleidescope imagery. It works when you're editing, too, and move all kinds of scenes around, trying to find the best fit for the story.

Jessica L. Celaya said...

The awesome thing about kaleidoscopes is that they change, and allow us to see something new. Learning happens when we see something new. Thanks for sharing.

Grammy said...

Hi, I remember the first kaleidoscope I ever picked up and looked through. It was one of those cheap ones in the dime store, and I never tired of looking into it. Life is that way, too. Always changing, never the same, but full of beautiful colors and shapes. Thank you for the lovely post. Best regards to you. Ruby

Maurice Mitchell said...

Kaleidoscopes are always fun. Here's an online one thats cool.
http://www.random-good-stuff.com/game/play/Online_Kaleidoscope
A-Z visitor and new follower
- Maurice Mitchell
The Geek Twins | Film Sketchr
@thegeektwins | @mauricem1972