365 Days of Blessings, Day 7
1. God's faithfulness to me, and to each of us.
2. My husband's faith. I'm so glad that we both know Christ's saving love and grace.
3. Being able to talk with my husband about about the Bible, and Bible studies. We had a wonderful morning this morning!
4. My Dad's faith in Christ, which he didn't have while I was growing up. I am so glad that my Dad is a believer now.
5. Being able to raise my kids in faith. God is an ever present help in parenting.
6. My kid's test scores for their state testing were an awesome blessing.
My 5th grader scored at a Post High School Level in reading! (this is the girl who didn't want to learn to read until partway through her second grade year) She also scored above average overall in math, with one specific below average score in estimation. I definitely have some plans for next year.
My 3rd grader scored at a 6th grade leaving in reading! She scored average overall in math, but had some above average areas like problem-solving! Makes sense to me, since she likes to solve problems and is adamant about right and wrong solutions.
7. We had a wonderful time dancing and walking in the Gig Harbor Maritime Parade today, although I forgot to take pictures.
8. The sun came out, and it actually was warm with temperatures nearing 70 degrees.
9. We have a cold, clean pool. Very refreshing. Definitely less than 70 degrees.
10. Had a short date with my husband while my girls shopped "all by themselves" at a store across the outdoor mall area where we sipped sodas. However, I thought they were going to get summer tops, and they came out with Webkins. I guess they aren't growing up too fast.
"For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations."
"May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you his faithful and he will do it." 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24