Wednesday, June 16, 2010

365 Days of Blessings - Day 18

365 Days of Blessings, Day 18

1. The Lord is my hope and my salvation!

2. The Lord leads me in right paths for His name's sake.

3. My husband takes his softball bat to work, so he can go to the batting cages at lunch.

4. After a few days of full sun, the enveloping moist rain is soothing to my skin. (sometimes I think that living in a humid area has made me value moisture in the air more than other people do. I don't like dry heat, and have a hard time understanding when everyone says how good it is.)

5. Big, warm sweatshirts.

6. Family pictures set in collages, reminding me how little my girls were . . . not that long ago.

7. Scorched brown white roses, bending under drops of rain, soaking up the moisture deep in their roots.

8. God does my watering for me with frequent rain, when I am slow to pull out my sprinklers in early summer.

9. A mostly clean house, due to visiting friends.

10. The sight of a looming storm cloud, after we've gone swimming. The timing worked out for us yesterday.

Psalm 23 (NIV)

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not
be in want.
He makes me lie down in green
pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of
righteousness
for his name's sake.
Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of
death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow
me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the
Lord
forever."

No comments: