Friday, June 4, 2010

365 Days of Blessings - Day 6

365 Days of Blessings, Day 6
A.K.A. - 10 Things I'm Thanking God for this morning.

1. Prayer that gets me through night and day.
2. My husband's servant heart. He's always helping others in big ways and small ways.
3. My daughters' love of dance. It shines through them whenever they move.
4. My Mom and Dad's desire to have Grandma and Grandpa time with the girls each week.
5. My dog Lady's golden brown fur. She's part Rhodesian Ridgeback and before I had her, I never knew how beautiful and how varied the color brown could be, just from ear tip to tail, to belly to ridge.
6. Knowing the Puget Sound is only a little ways away, even if I can't quite see it through the trees.
7. Friendships that survive political differences.
8. Jeweled drops of water that hang from our deck railing, seeming to defy gravity until they drip.
9. Green grass, green trees, all the green around me that soaks up the rain, and grows.
10. Sleeping in for the second time in two days . . . a really good thing since I had an hour awake last night wrestling with some sore feelings leftover from a single conversation yesterday. Thank God for extra sleep, second chances, and friendships that endure differences.

"We always thank God for all of you, mentioning you in our prayers. We continually remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:2-3

Writing Goal Today
Write one devotional - I've got ideas for 25 scribbled out on notebook paper, and I want to start getting them into a more formal format.
and for extra: draw a map for one of my stories today.

Life Goal Today
Keep a list of blessings going throughout the day.

2 comments:

Angie said...

You're lists are always inspirational. Hooray for sleeping in!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks Angie!!!