Wednesday, June 23, 2010

365 Days of Blessings - Day 25

365 Days of Blessings, Day 25

1. God's creativity, and expression.

2. The Book of Ezekiel.

3. The amazing, surround sound, 3D, supernatural affects, and fully expressive appearance of the Lord to Ezekiel.

4. That humid, sticky skin-anticipation of a storm, which is swept away with cool winds and rain as the storm hits. This is what I feel what I read: "I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north - an immense cloud with flashing lightning and surrounded by a brilliant light." Ezekiel 1:4a

5. The awesome, overwhelmingly wondrous sight that Ezekiel describes for us in: "The center of the fire looked like glowing metal, and in the fire was what looked like four living creatures. In appearance their form was that of a man, but each of them had four faces and four wings." Ezekiel 1:4b-6.

6. I love how the sound of the Lord is heard in so many ways in the Bible, including: "When the creatures moved, I heard the sound of their wings, like the roar of rushing waters, like the voice of the Almighty, like the tumult of an army. When they stood still, they lowered their wings." Ezekiel 1:24

7. The Lord's ability to place into our mouths His words, with a full, tangible taste like this: "Then he said to me, 'Son of man, eat this scroll I am giving to you and fill your stomach with it.' So I ate it and it tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth." Ezekiel 3:3

8. The rich fullness of being alive, and being able to hear, taste, touch, see, and even smell the awesomeness of God's creation.

9. The softness of my husband's curly, strawberry blonde hair.

10. The wide awake excitement of my youngest daughter when she wakes up ready to go in the morning, and the sleepy quiet of my oldest daughter as she wakes up, and sits for a while in stillness, letting the day seep into her skin.

"Above the expanse over their heads was what looked like a throne of sapphire, and high above on the throne was a figure like that of a man. I saw that from what appeared to be his waist up he looked like glowing metal, as if full of fire; and brilliant light surrounded him. Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him." Ezekiel 1:26-28

Hope you have a blessed, surround sound, 3D, supernatural affect, God-filled day!

3 comments:

Emily Ann Benedict said...

This is such an awesome idea, Tyrean. Finding things to be thankful for everyday totally changes your perspective!

Angie said...

Very cool! Hope you have that kind of day too.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Emily,
Thanks! I agree. Thankfulness fosters an attitude of gratitude that I would never have otherwise.

Angie - Thanks!