Thursday, June 24, 2010

365 Days of Blessings - Day 26

365 Days of Blessings, Day 26

1. The Lord gives us enough strength for each day.

2. Knowing that others have been overwhelmed in their experiences with God, like in Ezekiel 3:15 "I came to the exiles who lived at Tel Abib near the Kebar River. And there, where they were living, I sat among them for seven days - overwhelmed." I'm thankful for this because there have been moments when I have been overwhelmed by God's grace, and all I could do was sit and take it in. Then there are those moments when life has seemed overwhelming, and I feel called to just rest in the Lord, and let it all wash over me. Seven days . . . sounds like a good retreat, but I can't imagine taking that much time to just sit. I'm kind of glad that God hasn't chosen to overwhelm me to that extent.

3. The wonderful, restless urge to move that comes from the habit of walking each day for 2 miles. We went 2 and 1/4 miles this morning, and I feel like I could do more. Praise God for energy!

4. Friendly neighbors who walk in our neighborhood. I don't know all their names, but I see them all and we exchange "hellos" and deer sightings regularly.

5. Taking my kids for a walk.

6. Being able to talk to my mom and dad nearly every morning. We enjoy each other's company. They are good, next-door-over, neighbors.

7. My mother-in-law's passion for tennis. She will go to great lenghts and stay up all night to see all of Wimbledon.

8. My father-in-law's cheeriness.

9. Dance auditions with a wonderful coach and dance director.

10. My husband's need to sleep in occassionally . . . I used to think he had little need for sleep, but now I know that it just catches up with him every few weeks.

"Sing joyfully to the Lord, you righteous;
It is fitting for the upright to praise him.
Praise the Lord with the harp;
make music to him on the ten-stringed lyre.
Sing to him a new song;
play skillfully, and shout for joy.
For the word of the Lord is right and true;
he is faithful in all he does.
The Lord loves righteousness and justice,
the earth is full of his unfailing love."
Psalm 33:1-5

1 comment:

Karen Lange said...

What wonderful blessings! :)