- About Me
- Liftoff/Rayatana Series
- Dark Blade: Forged of Aramatir
- The Champion Trilogy of Aramatir
- Ashes Burn
- Writing Prompt Books
- Collections of Stories and Poems
- Individual Story Publications in Ebook
- Non-fiction Articles and Notable Posts
- Writing Curriculum
- Creative Writing Resources for Tweens and Teens
- Events and Appearances
- As TA Thorne
Monday, November 14, 2011
Campaigner Challenges 2011 Book! and Thankfulness
found at Amazon and Smashwords
All proceeds go to Harry Moseley's charity "Help Harry Help Others". Harry single handedly raised over 85,000BP (roughly 137,000USD) for cancer Research. He died October 8th aged 11.
This eBook contains 176 flash fiction stories, poems, and essays from 81 participants of Rachael Harrie's Blog Building Campaign 2011. Everyone donated their stories freely and willingly for this worthy course.
During the Blog Building Campaign, participants were challenged to write posts containing specific words or themes of no more than 200 (or 300) words. Despite the same premise, the stories contained in this anthology couldn't be more different.
Today I'm thankful for these blessings:
1. My story, "Butterfly Imago" making it into The Campaigner Challenges 2011 Book.
2. Katharina Gerlach of always try a little harder who edited The Campaigner Challenges 2011 book, and made this project awesome!
3. Rachael Harrie from Rache Writes for organizing an awesome campaign!
4. Amazing fall leaves of red, gold, yellow, and brown.
5. Evergreen trees that make a striking backdrop for the fall deciduous leaves.
6. Wading through piles of leaves with friends.
7. My daughter's comment yesterday, "I think the leaves are where people got the idea for confetti". I just think kids see the world in a wondrous and unique way.
8. Singing praises to the King of Creation, Savior of my life, and Spirit that guides my path with a fun group of people on my church praise team.
9. Preparing for the kids Christmas pageant at my church which will take place in early December.
10. Thanksgiving - the act, and the holiday.
11. Wood chopped for an elderly couple in our church, and a yard mowed, trimmed and fixed up for a family that's not of our church . . .I love our church family's determination to be the hands and feet of Christ in our world.
12. A new church name!!! Our new church has been a church with an awkward name, a name that served for getting our paperwork done with the state so we could receive and give offerings within taxation laws as a church and not a business. It was a name thought up in a moment of indecision, and we often called ourselves a church with no name. But now, we have a name: One Hope Church! Christ is our one hope, and our one foundation.
"There is one body and one Spirit - just as you were called to one hope when you weree called - one Lord, one faith, on baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all." Ephesians 4:4-6