Hmm. Where did I put those things?
I didn't post them by my desk.
I didn't carry them around.
I hid them in a file folder that I didn't recognize on my pc.
Here were my specific write motivation goals for January.
1. Finish Champion in Flight 3rd Draft. - eek. I didn't finish.
2. Send the rest of the book to my proofreader(s). - see #1
3. Write 3 pages in my journal each day and write poetry in the midst of that. - almost - 65 pages of journaling with poetry on Day 30 . . . so I made progress here.
With my blog Blog:
2. Bike 20 miles a week on exercise bike and 12 miles a week on outdoor bike. Cross-train. - Does it count that I biked about half of this and cross-trained?
3. Stretch every day. - about half the days.
4. Organize my time. Keep goals and lists. - since I lost this list, obviously not!
Yikes. Ok. So how did I do for the Write 1 Sub 1 Challenge this month? Four weeks went by, and I wrote 20 poems (mostly junk), 2 stories, and made 3 submissions. Hmm. I've got the Write 1 done, but the submit part, I'm struggling with. Does it count that I have a planned submission for February 1st all written up and waiting in my e-mail dock to go out? There's a specific submission window for a particular publication.
So, my goals helped me, but were a bit beyond my reach this month. I learned some things. I remembered belatedly that my oldest daughter's birthday does have far reaching effects on my time and writing - especially since I wrote a mystery theater piece for her and 15 friends to act out on her birthday this year - and especially because I love that she loves having big parties. We both get a lot of joy out of planning and creating fun events like that, but it's also time consuming and I need to remember that when planning January goals.
Celebrating the Small Things with Viklit and fellow celebrators:
1. I found my goal list. :)
2. I ran a half mile with my youngest daughter (running hasn't been possible for a while for me, so this is a huge thing).
3. My poem, "Robot Sonnet," went live at Bewildering Stories on Monday. (And I wrote this one for Write 1 Sub 1 earlier this month)
What are you celebrating today? And how are your goals working out this month?