Summer 2021 has been a summer of "Big Deal" kind of days.
1. My older daughter officially graduated from Montana State University with a degree in Chemical Engineering. In addition to her academic work, she created proposals and did undergraduate research, traveled to several countries, presented her research at a national event, participated in clubs, volunteered at a women's shelter for victims of human trafficking, became a student body senator, learned out to ice climb, and prepared an avalanche training course on campus.
2. My husband and I traveled to Wisconsin with his sisters and his parents to celebrate the life of his aunt Marianne at a memorial service. We saw the old homestead and were welcomed to look around by the current owner, visited places their great-grandfather had built, and had some fun recreating old pictures of places they visited as kids.
3. My younger daughter turned 20, completed her first half marathon, hiked a "fourteener" in Colorado, worked at a YMCA camp this summer, and participated in a Navigators' Christian study program. She's back at school at Washington State University already and is started her fall semester today for Civil Engineering.
4. My husband and I celebrated our 25th anniversary with our daughters during a five-day vacation to the San Juan Islands (a few hours away from us in Washington state), but we're actually planning a "just us" celebration in September. It was our only week to hang out together as a family for more than a day or two in several months and we tried to make the most of it by hiking, bicycling, kayaking, and seeing the sights.
5. I celebrated my 50th birthday quietly. I painted a ceramic dragon at a local art shop, went to my favorite small bookstore in town, read the afternoon away, and had some quiet reflection on life, past, present, and hopeful future. I wrote down 50 things I am thankful for and praised God for all the abundant blessings in my life, including my writing.
Other things have happened too, some good, some challenging. Always, I have my writing, I have friends and family, and I have faith in God. As my father-in-law recently said to me when he was diagnosed with COVID (after vaccination, and after other challenging health issues), "It is good to dwell in the truth of Romans 8:28: 'And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.'"
Every "Big Deal" moment in my list came during/after challenges, heartbreaks, worries, risks, troubles, and frustrations. I just keep taking step after step into each day, trusting God to help with the details and the outcome.
As you may know, I have two book projects working their way into the world.
Dark Blade: Forged is a Kindle Vella Series based in the world of The Champion Trilogy. The first three episodes are free. Please give them a read and see what you think.
Nexus is coming in October. The Pre-Order Link for Kindle is HERE.
I need ARC readers and more help with a moveable book blog party. See this form to sign up or message me for more information at my email tyreantigger (at) gmail (dot) com