5th and 6th Days of Christmas
Giving Thanks for:
1. The friskiness of our Beagle as he comes in from the snow.
2. Our older Rhodesian Ridgeback's return to puppyhood to snuffle her nose in the snow, and jump into frost covered bracken, nosing around for scents.
3. Brisks walks with Biblical conversations.
4. Grocery stores . . . really, how awesome is it that we can find so much healthful variety so quickly?! In the midst of running every day/weekly errands I forget to be thankful for the abundant blessings that surround us.
5. Library visits with a trip down vacation aisle . . . err, non-fiction books on travel.
6. Books about Hawaii.
7. Planning for a trip to Hawaii! Wow!
8. My oldest daughter wants to go on a shark swim . . . I'm actually not sure I'm thankful for that, but I am glad that she is passionate about her first favorite fish. She's been into sharks since her first visit to Pt. Defiance Zoo and Aquarium's shark exhibit . . . when she was two. She's read library books, listened to shark talks, and memorized shark facts without realizing it.
9. Wonderful place names like . . . Waikiki, Malaekahana, Hanauma Bay, Maui, Big Island, Hilo, Kealakekua . . . and more . . .it all sounds so wonderful.
10. The only things I remember about my first Hawaii trip, when I was five are: the little girl who lived down the hall from my Grandpa in his condo, it rained in Hawaii and I thought it wasn't supposed to rain there, the parade in Chinatown. My parents have pictures of none of these things . . . but they are still what I remember.
11. My husband's experiences traveling to Oa'hu, and Maui with a Navy E.O.D. unit. He definitely had a different view of the islands than most travelers get.
12. Four months to anticipate, get fit (lose weight), and get even more excited.
13. One more day to prep for the New Year.
14. Looking forward to skiing on New Year's Day.
15. Having a conversation with my dad about miniature car race tracks, and radio controlled cars, planes and helicopters . . . fun stuff.
16. Reading Princess of Glass by Jessica Day George, an interesting re-telling of Cinderella.
17. Reading five books in five days . . . aah, the wonderful downtime in the week after Christmas.
18. Soft, fuzzy slippers.
19. Vanilla Chai decaf tea.
20. The Lord gives us rest and renewal.
"Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28