Saturday, February 26, 2011

365 Days of Blessings, Days 270, 271, and 272

So many blessings, so little time to give thanks and write them out:

1. The Karate Kid, the old movie.

2. The Karate Kid, the new movie.

3. Jackie Chan - his moves, his humor, his movies.

4. My kids don't know who Bruce Lee is . . . something I have to remedy someday, but I think is a funny kind of blessing for now.

5. There's going to be a second Kung Fu Panda! Prepare for Awesomeness.

6. The Incredibles.

7. A conversation with my daughters about the believability of super powers . . . "Elastigirl with head flattening stretchability - not realistic, Mr. Incredible with super strength - realistic."

8. An awesome day skiing in super cold weather with bright sun, fun friends, and great family.

9. Taking an intermediate skier down a black diamond run successfully, and having her turn and say, "Wow! I did that!" Yes, she did.

10. Being able to ski hard enough to exhaust four kids, and one teenager - even though I'm way overweight and way older than them.

11. My husband makes snowboarding look easy.

12. Forty minutes on an exercise bike the day after skiing helped keep my muscles from tightening up.

13. Snow, and more snow, even at our house only a quarter mile from the Puget Sound.

14. Having my parents home for a week to visit, and play and have fun together, before they went off to go play in their RV again.

15. My oldest daughter graduated from her safe sitter class, and is very proud of her certified card. She can give CPR to infants and children, knows the heimlech maneuver, and learned a great deal of other safety procedures to use while babysitting.

16. Writing super sentences and turning them into short stories with a group of kids.

17. My husband plans to purchase a new video camera, so he's helping me clean the house. :-)

18. My youngest daughter is a sweetheart.

19. My youngest daughter and I have had more time to just be together this week while her sister was in her safe sitter class. I found out that she likes to take walks too, but prefers to take them downtown where there are sidewalks instead of on our street where there are ditches.

20. I'm so unexpectedly strong I broke the in house vacuum cleaner while trying to clean it out - not sure that is a blessing, but it was definitely a surprise. Thankfully the part we need is only $10, and is already on its way.

21. Midwinter break was wonderful, a change of pace, and a perfect rest.

22. Youtube videos of Christian music songs.

23. Your Love by Brandon Heath

24. Pepper - my husband's favorite spice.

25. Tag in the house, with plenty of laughter, and only one sliding fall. (my hiking shoes just went slipping on the clean floors)

26. Playing together as a family.

27. My older dog has finally resigned herself to the "cone of shame" and is healing up, finally.

28. My cat encourages me to stretch when she stretches.

29. My Beagle's persistence keeps me from sitting still too long . . . he has to have plenty of attention or he finds trouble.

30. Jesus purifies us.

Scripture Blessings:
"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin." 1 John 1:7

2 comments:

Golden Eagle said...

It sounds like you've been having fun!

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Fun list! Your cat and beagle brings back fond memories of beloved pets.