Tuesday, February 8, 2011

365 Days of Blessings, Days 252, 253, and 254

New resolution: Get Back to Daily Blessings Posts!

Today I'm giving thanks for:

1. Sunday full of worship and rest.

2. The Nooma Video Today.

3. Laughter in worship.

4. The freedom to have a "family" style worship where everyone works together, and worships together.

5. The Lord's Prayer.

6. Whole hearts, full of forgiveness.

7. Sharing Blessings . . .

8. My amazing, hard-working, talented, tech-loving husband. He's the kind of guy that makes sound systems work.

9. Prayer warriors. Those amazing strong men and women of faith who give everything up to God, share testimony, and give voice to prayers of the inmost soul reaching to the Lord.

10. Kids excited about participating in worship as song leaders, and scripture readers.

11. The Taming of the Shrew movie with Elizabeth Taylor. It may be abridged but I love it.

12. The costuming, and backdrops for the Taming of the Shrew movie.

13. The glimpse of medieval European carnival life in The Taming of the Shrew.

14. Mystery skits with my Writer's Workshop class - they are some of the most talented, creative kids I know. I really appreciate their hard work, their costuming, props, and attention to detail.

15. Toilet square counting as a clue . . . only in a mystery skit performed by my class. And it was "toilet" humor handled somewhat tastefully.

16. Queen _________ the 50th! Again, only in a mystery skit by my class.

17. Fake jewels for two mystery skits about jewel heists.

18. Burger King, the place where royalty eat in London.

19. Creative costuming!

20. Popcorn and movie candy in class for Mystery Snack Theatre.

21. Shakespeare students muching on popcorn while watching The Taming of the Shrew, Act 1, and most of Act 2. Next week, we have more class discussion and a little bit of movie watching, then the week after that we have just a tiny lecture/discussion with the rest of the movie. I am trying to break of the monotony of doing the same thing every week.

22. Awesome encouragement and support from my Worship and Music Sounding Board Team.

23. Trust.

24. My husband is thankful that he has had a dry walk to his vanpool pick up place every morning and a dry walk back in the evening.

25. Rainbows, and rainbow earrings. (not mine)

26. Paw print stamps.

27. Hot pads. I would have burned my fingers way more times without them.

28. Agave nectar on pancakes. Yum.

29. Sleepy dogs.

30. The cat thinks my husband parked some of his tech equipment by the kitchen window, just so she can sunbathe and watch for birds.

31. The Lord is Almighty!!!

Scripture Blessings:
John 2:19 "Jesus answered them, 'Destory this temple, and I will raise it again in three days.'"

3 comments:

Angie said...

Lovely list. Your class sounds wonderful. I love the term "family-style worship." I think that's what we have in my church too. I also love the term "Prayer warriors." You made me smile today. =)

Karen Lange said...

What good and fun blessings! Hope you and your gang are doing well.
Have a wonderful week,
Karen :)

Carol Riggs said...

You are amazing with the sheer length of your lists of blessings! That is applaud-able. :) Enjoy your week!