Giving thanks and praise for more books today - this theme may last awhile, but today I only have time for a short list with little explanation:
1. Encyclopedia Brown, Boy Dectective by Donald J. Sobol.
2. The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett.
3. The Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett.
4. Freckles by Gene Stratton Porter.
5. Here Comes Snoopy by Charles M. Schulz is one of my favorite of the old paperback Peanuts collection. I bought most of the collection from second hand stores for a quarter each, in elementary school. These books made me laugh, and think.
6. Two in the Wilderness by Mary Wolfe Thompson.
7. Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers
8. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
9. James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl
10. Andersen's Fairy Tales by Hans Christian Andersen.
"To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, 'If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.'
They answered him, 'We are Abraham's descendants and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?'
Jesus replied, 'I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin.
Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it for ever.
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.'"