Today I'm giving thanks and praise for some daily blessings that have accumulated while I've been giving thanks for book blessings. Look for more book blessings tomorrow.
1. My youngest daughter's audition last Saturday at a Tacoma youth talent audition for the Desmond Tutu event in May. Her teacher gave positive encouragement, and the talent panel applauded her group.
2. My oldest daughter's support for her youngest sister's audition, even though she really wanted to be dancing too. She has four more days to continue soaking her foot, healing up, and exercising cautiously before the doctor says she can dance again.
3. Our whole family has been blessed by worship on Sunday with our new church, and hearing a great message each week from different speakers.
4. Having a child ring the bell for the start of worship.
5. Many ideas pouring in for Lent worship.
6. Church members and outside speakers stepping forward with a message.
7. Seeing a Giant Pacific Octopus in motion at the Seattle Aquarium today.
8. Watching my girls gaze at fish, otters, and seals with fascination, and interest.
9. Our local Borders is closing, which is really sad, but on the upside we purchased a few books for a discount price.
10. National Audubon's Society's Guide to Marine Mammals of the World that my oldest daughter picked up for some "light" reading. While debating which book she wanted, a marine biologist happened to walk by and recommend this particular book to her, and so far she loves it, although she also happens to be following me around and asking me to give her the definitions to words like: "morphological," "artiodactyls," and "paleontology." I knew most of them, but we had to look up "artiodactyls" which means: having an even number of toes or digits on each foot.
11. The Lord made an awesome creation for us to enjoy, and He's still creating beautiful 3-D artwork for us to experience every day.
"Jesus answered, 'I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.'” John 10:25-30