Saturday, February 12, 2011

365 Days of Blessings, Days 256, 257, and 258

Today I'm giving thanks and praise for these blessings:

Thursday Blessings:
1. Having an amazing team of hard workers at our new church. An administration team member, and a music and worship team member found us a space for Lenten worship in an amazingly short time. God was at work, but their hands and feet were willing.

2. We have some amazing, loving people in our new church.

3. My first sounding board meeting went well, and we worked on new ideas, and refining old ones, all in less than an hour, with some fun conversation thrown in too.

4. Carnations from a dance recital . . . the pinks are holding strong.

5. A cuddly time with my family.

6. A doctor's appointment where I get to see my "nearly perfect" blood test results: cholesterol - great!, red blood cell count - great!, white blood cell count - great!, and "see these numbers here, this means your liver is doing great." Awesome, of course, I can't remember which one is which now if I were to look at the lab report.

7. My daughter is continuing to heal from her foot injury, and has learned how to massage her own feet.

8. My husband is prepared for everything.

9. My parents are having a good vacation, visiting with friends and family.

10. God has provided abundantly, again and again, for our new church.

Friday Blessings:
1. This snippet of phone conversation from a friend, currently traveling in Texas, "Three taxidermy shops in one block!" Wow. Texas is a different world.

2. Being prepared for worship on Sunday . . . mostly.

3. Dogs keeping watch over home school lessons.

4. Dogs falling asleep during home school lessons.

5. A windowsill starter garden kit . . . to be used with our home school lessons . . . in a loosely based way.

6. Plans for writing class brewing in my head.

7. Plans for Shakespeare class brewing in my head.

8. Getting books in the mail. It's almost as good as going to the bookstore.

9. An inspiring post by a friend, Master's Hand

10. The Lord invented creativity.

Saturday Blessings:

1. A slow Saturday.

2. House-cleaning with help.

3. Running errands with my husband for two hours . . . it was almost a date.

4. Getting stuff done. There's a satisfaction in being able to check off a list, especially a list that has been left undone for nearly a month.

5. Finding Calvin and Hobbes in the sale section of the bookstore. I love Calvin and Hobbes, and it's great to be able to indulge myself inexpensively.

6. Laughing over comic strips with my kids.

7. Calvin's amazing imagination.

8. Leftovers for lunch.

9. Grapes.

10. Homemade chocolate and cashew butter cups. Yummy. Thank you daughters.

11. Jesus gave up heaven for a humble life with us, knowing that it would end in his own sacrifice for our sins.

Scripture Blessings:

"For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does. Yes, to your amazement he will show him even greater things than these. For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it. Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to his Son, that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him. I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believe him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life." John 5:20-24

2 comments:

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Tyrean -

I love your list! This week, I went to a real bookstore thanks to a gift certificate and received a book in the mail compliments of an Amazon gift certificate. I'm in book heaven this week. :)

Blessings,
Susan

Tyrean Martinson said...

Susan,
Thank you! Real books are so wonderful!