Monday, February 14, 2011

365 Days of Blessings, Days 259 and 260

Today I’m giving thanks and praise for these amazing blessings:

1.Valentine’s Day!!!

2.Chocolate kisses and hugs.

3.Taming of the Shrew, Act 3, they get married despite Katherine’s protests. Not sure why I like this play, since Petruchio basically acts like a prima male jerk, but I still laugh through it.

4.My Shakespeare class hates Petruchio . . .vehemently, and I am thankful for that. I certainly wouldn’t want them looking up to him.

5.Sonnet 116.

6.Writing poetry with my Writer’s Workshop Adventure class. We had some fun today.

7.Making cookies in Chemistry class.

8.Coyotes howling.

9.Kids learning to drive in a truck, in a gravel driveway, or on a ranch.

10.Roses, kissed with rain.

11.Giant Hershey kisses.

12.Homemade cards.

13.My husband was the first guy to ever give me flowers on Valentine’s Day for all the right reasons. He is a sweetheart.

14.20 years ago, I celebrated my first Valentine’s day with my hubby . . . we were dating the time, and he took me out to a seafood place. It was mildly disastrous since I can’t eat seafood without “seeing” food later and I wanted to impress him by holding it down, but . . . somehow he stayed with me anyway.

15.The mew of our cat.

16.The soft eyes of our dogs.

17.The chirp of lovebirds . . . my daughters dragged me through a pet store earlier today. I always want to take everyone home, but then I remember I have three pets to love already.

18.An awesome message in worship yesterday.

19.Encouragement.

20.We know what love is because God first loved us.

Scripture Blessings:


“But God demonstrates his love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8

No comments: