Wednesday, July 27, 2011

What time is it? and a Double Digit Birthday!



What Time is It?

Well . . . it's not time for Sparkfest yet! I posted a whole month in advance! Whether this was due to lack of sleep during Creation Fest, or a sense of "busy-busy-ness" I can't say. However, I feel a bit sheepish and foolish, and . . . well, I can only hold my head under a rock for so long, so I'm just saying . . . sorry. On the bright side, I'm very ready for next month's SparkFest!


Double Digit Birthday!!!!!!!!!!







My youngest daughter is turning 10 today! She is officially into her double digits now, and is very excited about that. Ten years ago today, I went through an extremely hard and scary childbirth experience that was worth every nanosecond for the priveledge of having Trisha Faith in my life. Trisha - because that's the only girl's name my hubby and I agreed on, and Faith - because it took some faith to get her here. From the first moment I heard her voice, I knew she was going to have a big say in my life. She's a sweetheart with a generous heart, but she also has some strong opinions about right and wrong. She wants justice and fairness for every person.


So, how did we start her special day?


with chocolate chip pancakes shaped in her name.


Then, she pulled out our new sponsored child packet, and wanted to mail our sponsored child some pencils, paper, a journal, and some hair ribbons right now, before it might get forgotten and pushed into a pile of "to-do-someday" papers. She wrote a loving letter, helped make sure it all fit into the right sized envelope, and then went to pick out her favorite outfit.


Later, we plan to swim, scrapbook, and bead. She'll probably tap dance around the house more too . . . that's just a given part of the way she moves. She tap dances everywhere.



She loves art, and dance, and life, and having Jesus in her life. And I am thankful for her sweet presence, enriching our family life with her passion and her creativity.



God knows how to design masterpieces!



Scripture Blessings:




"For this reason I kneel before the Fther, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith." Ephesians 3: 14-17a












4 comments:

Joanne said...

Happy Birthday Trisha!!!!! You sound like an awesome Kid!!!!
Blessings, Joanne

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Happy birthday to Trisha! She sounds like a joy.

Pam Williams said...

Blessings on your birthday, Trisha! Sounds like you all had a super day!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Joanne - Thanks!

Alex - Thanks! She is a joy - of course, I'm a bit biased.

Pam - Thanks! We did have a super day!