Monday, November 8, 2010

365 Days of Blessings, Days 162 and 163

Blessings and Thanksgiving!

1. All Saint's Sunday! I love celebrating the 'great cloud of witnesses' that have gone before us.

2. My Uncle Lloyd's twinkling smile . . . that's what I thought of yesterday during the All Saint's remembrance at church.

3. Time to read. Ok, I didn't really have time to read, but I did it anyway, and I'm thankful for that rest.

4. Shakespeare, Shakespeare, Shakespeare . . . I think I spent four hours immersed in research for my Shakespeare class.

5. Puck's wonderful ageless line: "O Lord, what fools these mortals be!"

6. Getting my basic lesson plans done for next week's classes . . . already in just a few hours!!! WooHoo!

7. Having a list of materials to gather, and planning to get them ready before next Monday morning.

8. The faith of a woman who recently underwent surgery. Wow!

9. Wonderful compliments from parents of students - thank you!!! I needed that.

10. Midsummer Night's Dream Act 3, Scene 2 when Lysander and Demetrius are led on a merry chase by Puck.

11. My writing class is full of imagination and great writing.

12. Writing and drawing comic strips in class.

13. Parents dancing with kids again, just for a few weeks of fun.

14. Veggie soup.

15. Streetlights.

16. The sound of a train in the distance.

17. A house of quiet.

18. The click of keys on a keyboard.

19. Bedtime prayers.

20. God's gift of hope.

Scripture Blessings:"Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Psalm 25:5

5 comments:

Karen Lange said...

These posts inspire me to count my blessings. Thanks so much!
Blessings,
Karen :)

Warren Baldwin said...

Good blessings.

Jill Kemerer said...

You seem so upbeat! I'm smiling!!

Angie said...

Oh, I love A Midsummer Night's Dream. And the sound of a train whistle always makes me feel cozy and safe.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks for stopping by! and I'm glad if I make you smile . . . that makes me smile too.