Sunday, November 21, 2010

365 Days of Blessings, Day 176

1. Shoulder rolls that loosen up the shoulder and neck muscles.

2. My oldest daughter Anna is still sick, but feeling better today.

3. My youngest daughter enjoyed auditioning for a part in the Christmas program and is excited.

4. Seeing my youngest snuggle on the couch with my oldest, trying to help her big sister feel better.

5. My oldest daughter did a science experiment involving crayons, candles, and an old camping fry pan. Fun stuff. I think we have a mixture cooling outside on top of the dog house.

6. My youngest, not able to find her book and wanting to read, picked up her sister's newest book and is avidly reading it.

7. The challenge of the NaNoWriMo. Whew! Hard work, but good for the writing soul.

8. My characters still aren't to the island yet, but I just switched up a few plot points. They met the griffins and their riders, and had a battle at sea. Tomorrow, they land on the island whether they like it or not . . . I just have to picture the place better in my head before tomorrow morning.

9. Snow outside before Thanksgiving! Amazing, cool powdery stuff with bare footprints in it from my youngest . . . we only have a small smattering here.

10. My Dad took my youngest to church! Praise God! My husband was in the sound booth from 7:30 a.m. until he left early to try and go to a cancelled softball game. My older daughter and I stayed home with her flu bug, and my mom stayed home with back spasms. So where is the blessing? Wait for it, wait for it . . . when I was growing up, my dad only set foot in churches with great reluctance. He agreed, with some groaning, to go with my mom after he retired from working the night shift. I think, although I'm not certain, this is the first time my Dad has willingly, happily gone to church without my mom. Yes, I asked him to take Trisha to church . . . but he was happy about going! Hallelujah!

11. God grows the seeds of faith.

Scripture Blessings: "I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow. So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The one who plants and the one who waters have one purpose, and they will each be rewarded according to their own labor." 1 Corinthians 3:6-8

2 comments:

Golden Eagle said...

Keep up the NaNo progress! :)

There's been a little snow around here, too.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks for your vote of confidence! Yesterday was a day full of busy-ness and snow fun + snow dilemmas. I didn't get to write . . . but today, well, I'm hoping to make up on that word count