Monday, November 1, 2010

365 Days of Blessings, Days 155 and 156

1. Funday Sunday at Peninsula Lutheran Church.

2. Parachute Games with awesome leaders, laughter, and shrieks of excitement.

3. All the amazing help that my husband gives me when "I" set up stuff for Funday Sunday.

4. Mega balloons for the balloon room.

5. Trick-or-treating in Gig Harbor . . . lots of cool costumes on kids and adults.

6. Trick-or-treating in a neighborhood . . . this is the way I remember it.

7. Walking the full walk to THE Candyman's house! Really, a retired candyman, handing out giant sticks of factory made candy to kids in his neighborhood.

8. Trick-or-treating with friends.

9. Pastor Paul's bonfire in his driveway on Halloween, and the Minute to Win It games he plays with his neighborhood kids.

10. Monty's pumpkins. I wish I had taken my camera. There were at least 25 major pieces of artwork there.

11. Knowing that even though I didn't get my Velmster costume all the way together this year, and spilled dish soap on the part I had before we went out, I am that much closer to having it all together for next year.

12. Hearing my kids get compliments on their costumes over and over again. Very cool.

13. My daughters' friend is participating in NaNoWriMo, so now they are too!

14. 1,382 words written today for NaNoWriMo. I feel like they are all junk at the moment, but I am glad that I was able to get some writing in today on the busiest day of the week when I've been going since 6a.m. at full speed for everything else. I wrote for 45 minutes in a dance studio lobby, and probably missed out on five cool coversations.

15. The nickel and chocolate replacement program for corn syrup candies that takes place in our household.

16. Watching my daughters separate out candy for Daddy, candy for Grandparents, candy for friends, and candy for the church movie night . . . knowing that they can't eat a single item they received from trick or treating last night. They can't have corn syrup, but they will happily exchange all the corn syrup candies for chocolate or nickels.

17. I have big enough shoulders to cry on tonight . . . even though I wish they didn't have to get used.

18. The snuffing noise our beagle makes whenver food is set on the table. I'm not sure which is funnier - when he decides that he is interested and sits down to beg, or when he snuffs three times, twitches his face and then walks away.

19. A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare.

20. The Lord gives us help when we need it, and gives us the strength to help when others need it.

"Rejoice in the Lord always. Again, I say, Rejoice!" Philippians 4:4

No comments: